Re: [OT] Re: Installing debian, dual boot on 1 TB disk?

On 16/02/12 23:37, ACro wrote:
> Quoting Andrei POPESCU <andreimpopescu@gmail.com>:
>
>> I'd say Hanlon's Razor explains it better :p
>>
>> "Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by
>> stupidity."
>>
>> Kind regards,
>> Andrei
>

> Andrei,
>
> thanks for replying; yes, you're probably right, and I'm not prone to support
> conspiracy theories. But, de facto:
>
> http://mjg59.dreamwidth.org/5552.html
> http://mjg59.dreamwidth.org/5850.html

Theories should not be believed, though factual conspiracies abound. In
this case however...:-
http://benjaminkerensa.com/2011/10/23/uefi-headaches-begin-linux
(don't let the title mislead you)

> All the best,
> Andrew

Sorry - if this is just repeating earlier suggestion, but I'm pushed for
time and couldn't locate earlier fragments of this thread.

Have you tried the UEFI install techniques discussed here:-
https://help.ubuntu.com/community/UEFIBooting#Install_GRUB2_in_.28U.29EFI_systems

Kind regards