Re: Need help dealing with the demise of qpopper

Paul E Condon <pecondon@mesanetworks.net> wrote:
> I have looked into qpopper replacement options. I'm sure setting up a
> replacement will be easy for many, but for me it presents a
> challenge.

Happy to try and help you accept and overcome the challenge  :-)

I'm not familiar with qpopper or the alternative I'm about to suggest,
as I use dovecot/imap. However, "popa3d" seems to work here straight out
of the box. Admittedly, I've really only tried a trivial scenario, but
I was able to get email from /var/mail/* with local user authentication
derived from /etc/passwd.

Chris