Re: Amaya

On Tue, 14 Feb 2012 16:06:43 +1100, Scott wrote in message
<[🔎] 4F39EBE3.7070001@gmail.com>:

> On 14/02/12 15:24, Ethan Rosenberg wrote:
> > Dear List -
> >
> > How do I install Amaya in Debian.
> >
> > Thanks.
> >
> > Ethan
> >

> # apt-get install amaya
>

> Or synaptic, or aptitude, or whatever floats your boat.
>
> NOTE: amaya is *very* intolerant of invalid code (strict xhtml only).
> Like aptana, it's not really targeted at people on the start of the
> web design learning curve (but it's still a very useful tool).
>
> 'You' might enjoy Bluefish (# apt-get install bluefish
> bluefish-plugins)
>
> If I could make some suggestions.... GIMP and kate (or other Debian
> text editors) are *very* useful tools. Others have their own
> techniques - but the following is how I do things (even though the
> end product is usually produced by a CMS).
>
> 1. Layout your design as blocks in GIMP (work off minimal view portal,
> use percentage if possible, min-width in pixels) Put your measurements
> as text in the GIMP image (or just sketch it on paper).
> 2. Write the containers to match in your HTML
> 3. Work out the order in which you want them to be coded
> (counter-intuitive, search engines read in code order, not render
> order
> - so if you've three columns and the main text is in the centre
> column - that's the column you want to appear in the code first),
> re-order as necessary.
> 4. Write the css to to organise the containers for your layout (just
> positioning, size, and contrasting background-color for each container
> to start), re-order the css to suit inheritance (keep the css small,
> and simple to understand).
> 5. Now that you can "see" the different containers (because of the
> colours), adjust css to get positioning right.
> 6. Finally fill the containers with real content, remove the setup
> background-colors from the containers (replace with real back-ground
> colors) and insert element settings into the css.

..7. Check your work for web standards compliance with e.g.
http://validator.w3.org/ or your local validator.

..8. Before you pay someone else for web site work, check their
work for web standards compliance and contractual compliance,
with e.g. http://validator.w3.org/ .

..9. Require web etc standards compliance and contractual compliance,
and fire the THB's who fails to meet your standards by e.g. paying for
substandard work.

> If you just start by trying to do the lot in one go with an editor
> you'll be up against it. Don't put anything into the editor until
> step 5.
>
> Debian.org is a good reference (view source).
>

> Kind regards

  Scenarios always come in sets of three: