display to remote machine

Hi,

With the ssh/x-forwarding, I seems to have lost the ability to sent my
local xdisplay to remote machine. How can I do it?

Details: I'm sitting in front of machineA (my desktop) and conncet via ssh
to machineB (my laptop). I can start a remote x-program on machineB, and
the x11 forwarding will make the x-window appear on my local machineA.
Now, what I want to do is exactly the reverse: start a local x-program
and sent the x-window onto remote display on machineB.

I've tried to set

xhost +machineB from machineA, and
xhost +machineA from machineB, but still

DISPLAY=machineB:0.0 xterm &

will give:

xterm Xt error: Can't open display: machineB:0.0

Is it still feasible?

Thanks

--
Tong (remove underscore(s) to reply)