Re: Keeping a laptop backlight off

On Sat, 04 Feb 2012 08:53:45 +1300, Aidan Gauland wrote:

> I just installed a Pixel Qi screen in my Acer Aspire One am already
> enjoying the increased readability in sunlight, but there is a small
> problem I need to address: when I turn the screen backlight off via the
> Fn key (Fn+F6), the screen goes into minimal-power, monochrome mode;
> only problem is the screen comes back on as soon as I move the mouse or
> press a key, which makes it impossible to use the laptop with the screen
> in this mode.  Is there some /proc hack to *keep* the backlight off?

I can control the backlight of my netbook by means of the "/sys/class/
backlight/intel_backlight/brightness" key.

So:

echo 500 > /sys/class/backlight/intel_backlight/brightness

Will darken the screen and keep it so until I change it again by using
the function keys or manually editing its value.

Just note the name of the key can be different in your Acer netbook.

Greetings,

--
Camaleón