Re: A question about ssh-agent

On 04/02/12 19:35, Sven Joachim wrote:
> On 2012-02-04 09:09 +0100, Scott Ferguson wrote:
>
>> On 04/02/12 19:05, Paul E Condon wrote:
>>>
>>> Where in the start-up code of a system that is running ssh client is
>>> the ssh-agent started?

<snipped>

>>> It seems that it is not run when I log into a host using ssh or more
>>> exactly its pid is not exported to an ssh login process. Could I add
>>> something to the .profile script? If this is possible, it surely
>>> has been thought of before me and better and worse ways of doing
>>> have been discussed, but I'm not finding anything. Pointers to
>>> HOWTOs? Is there a common name for doing this? Etc.
>>>
>>> TIA
>>>
>> /etc/init.d/ssh (it's a link from /etc/rc2.d)
>
> Nope, this is the script that starts the ssh *server*.  The agent is
> started in /etc/X11/Xsession.d/90x11-common_ssh-agent, sourced from
> /etc/X11/Xsession (see Xsession(5).

That led me to read man Xsession.options, which then lead to man
ssh-agent (which is where the OP answer seems to be).

> Sven

Thanks for the correction. I feel marginally less ignorant now :-)

Kind regards

NOTE: new update available for Debian Buttons
(New button for querying Debian Developer Package):-
https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/debian-buttons/