Re: Openbox window manager

On Fri, Feb 03, 2012 at 10:07:06PM +0000, Sian Mountbatten wrote:
> I use the openbox window manager on the siduction distribution.
> What I want to know is how to stop openbox from killing a window
> when Alt-F4 is pressed. I've tried deleting A-F4 from the default
> key bindings in the openbox source and recompiling the Debian
> package and reinstalling it. I've renamed the system wide resource
> file in /etc/xdg/openbox/rc.xml and I've removed the A-F keybinding
> from my local resource file (~/.config/openbox/rc.xml). It still
> kills a client window with that key depression.

I find that exceedingly odd.
I am using openbox on squeeze.
All I did was change the keybindings in ~/.config/openbox/rc.xml
and Alt-F4 does nothing here.

I've pasted my rc.xml here:
http://tonybaldwin.me/hax/doku.php?id=misc:obrcxml

> I've got an editor which uses the function keys and I am happy with
> it. It's openbox which has to be altered.

I understand that.
One reason I detest emacs (vi vi vi), is that bindings it uses conflict
with some that I've added to my rc.xml and use regularly for openbox.
(sort of the opposite, I reject an editor for conflicting with my wm).

./tony
--
http://www.tonybaldwin.me
all tony, all the time!