ipw2100 firmware issues of random network connection lost.

I'm currently running debian unstable, but have tried stable as well to try and narrow down my issue.  As of current when I'm connected to my lan my network card works properly for a while then will drop out.  The card I'm using uses the the ipw2100 firmware which from researching a bit has firmware failures and requires the kernel module be unloaded and loaded again to reset it to get it work again.  Just wondering if anyone might have ran into this same problem and found a work around or fix for this problem.   Thanks

Daryl Dennis