Re: second display

On 2012-01-31 18:21:22 +0000, Camaleón wrote:
> But you will have more information and specific command line examples by
> Googling around. For instance, I found this article very useful ("Adding
> undetected resolutions"):
>
> https://wiki.ubuntu.com/X/Config/Resolution

This article suggests putting the xrandr line in the ~/.xprofile
(the other methods are admin-level config), with the drawback that
"it occurs fairly late in the start‐up process, so you'll see some
resolution resizing during the initial screen draw; in some cases
panel windows may resize improperly as a result."

I haven't tried, but using the .xsession instead avoids this problem.
Note: I think the window manager or desktop environment needs to be
started from the .xsession (at least, this is what I do). This should
also work when starting X from the command line with "startx" (this
was working in the past, but I haven't tried since a long time).