Re: Truecrypt

On 31/01/12 16:59, Stayvoid wrote:
I want to encrypt my files automatically when I close my laptop. Is it possible?
Which directories should be encrypted? Where is stored my personal
information (GPG keys, personal data etc.)?

I'm using gNewSense (it's a Debian-based distro).

The debian installer supports encrypting your entire disk at install-time. If you have already installed, and have one big filesystem left / no opportunity to change partitions / volumes around, then take a look at "ecryptfs", which can be used to encrypt just your $HOME.