Re: Thunderbird/icedove behaviour on message delete

On Sat, 21 Jan 2012 16:24:25 +0000, Richard wrote:

> On Sat, 21 Jan 2012 15:51:20 +0000 (UTC) Camaleón <noelamac@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>> On Sat, 21 Jan 2012 15:19:34 +0000, richard wrote:
>>
>> > Greetings,
>> > I've searched through the menus and asked on the  Tbird forum, no
>> > luck :) on one off the menus there is the option to either hide  or
>> > strike though a message when deleted, and also to hide messages older
>> > than so many days.
>>
>> IIRc, there was a bar for it (View → Toolbars → customize and drag&drop
>> the View dropdown button).

(...)

> Hiya
> No its not customise, I've dropped myself in deep doodoo as I set on my
> sons machine to HIDE messages in his inbox over 30 days old. And he
> wants to see them :( It was very much like setting up a filter, but it
> had a "hide" option as well as "delete". It was on IMAP

Then I dont' know.

Hidding/filtering options use to be under "View" menu but I don't
remember of any filter based on the antiquity of the messages (except the
above mentioned drop-down menu).

There is still the IMAP policy for the accounts but from here you do not
"hide" the messages but "archive" them (though 30 days is the default).

> I'll keep googling as well, so far very unyielding

Good googling!

Greetings,

--
Camaleón