Re: How to install Truecrypt on Debian squeeze?

On Fri, Jan 20, 2012 at 9:19 AM, Lisi <lisi.reisz@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Friday 20 January 2012 14:00:59 antispammbox-debian wrote:
>>
>> In Ubuntu to install Truecrypt is easy. Why in Debian not same?
>
> I can never understand the compulsion among Ubuntu users to use Debian, and
> then complain that it is not the same as Ubuntu. There is a distro just like
> Ubuntu, and that is Ubuntu.

They're switching to Debian to run away from Unity (i don't understand
the rationale but...) and they're wondering why they can't some things
that they could do on Ubuntu.

This doesn't apply in the case of truecrypt since isn't available in
Ubuntu's repositories - except possibly through a ppa (although,
AFAIK, the license would preclude it from being in a ppa). So
installing truecrypt on both Debian and Ubuntu's just a question of
downloading a tarball, expanding it, and running the resulting script.

Fedora's packaging an alternative, tc_play.