Re: Suggestion: Please change rights of cpufreq-set by default

On Tue, 17 Jan 2012 21:08:36 +0100, Hans-J. Ullrich wrote:

>> Mmm, and why not center the attention in the application which is not
>> acting as it should? If something is wrong at powerdevil's side it
>> should be corrected/fixed/solved/debugged there.
>>

> Hi Camaleon,
>
> the point is: powerdevil got this function earlier, but the developers
> somehow decided, to tak away this option. They added the opportunity, to
> execute a script, when a profile is changed.

Then request KDE developers for that function's back again :-)

Powerdevil is the "user-space" utility that allows to control this in an
easily manner.

> However, I liked it more with the older functions, but whne they decide
> so, they might got theire reasons, sigh.

Sure, but... is still powerdevil capable to do the same it did? If yes
but fails → bug, if not → wishlist bug ;-)

> So, I took the way using a script.

Sure, but IMO this should be properly handled by the users (all users)
not just you. And users should not have to make scripts and change file
permissions for tweaking their CPU power management/throttling.

> Ah, and I do not want a solution with sudo! I am searching for a common
> solution, a solution for all.

Of course, this should be a "one-click" option, like it has been since
always.

> Besides, I AM in group powerdev, but the script MUST be executed as
> root.

There's nothing bad for the script option, but I would prefer a wide
solution for the problematic: all users will benefit from it.

Greetings,

--
Camaleón