Re: hi, how to get more software from debian repo?

On Tue, Jan 17, 2012 at 02:13:12PM +0200, shiyao.ma wrote:
> Are there any deb repo like rpmfusion for rpm ?
> I now use debian sid. I find many software not available in the repo. To
> name some, eric5, aptana3 ...

Have a look at dh-make.  I use it to build debian packages when the
source is available and there is no Debian package available.
$ wajig show dh-make
Package: dh-make
State: installed
Automatically installed: no
Version: 0.59
 This package allows you to take a standard (or upstream) source package and convert it into a format that will allow you to build Debian packages.

 After answering a few questions, dh_make will then provide a set of templates that, after some small editing, will allow you to create a Debian package.

Regards
Johann
--
Johann Spies                            Telefoon: 021-808 4699
Databestuurder /  Data manager

Sentrum vir Navorsing oor Evaluasie, Wetenskap en Tegnologie
Centre for Research on Evaluation, Science and Technology
Universiteit Stellenbosch.

     "For the eyes of the LORD run to and fro throughout the
      whole earth, to show himself strong in the behalf of
      them whose heart is perfect toward him..."
                                   II Chronicles 16:9