Re: issue with mdadm and mirroring drives

okay..thanks for the clarification.
I think it was initrd - busybox.

my debian version is:
root@rider:~# lsb_release -a
No LSB modules are available.
Distributor ID: Debian
Release:        6.0.3
Codename:       squeeze

 uname -mrs
Linux 2.6.32-5-amd64 x86_64

I fooled around with the bois and I was able to both drives to be seen
and the good partition running and the drive is syncing.
Not really sure why it was behaving this way - but thanks to plug and
play - the running system seen the bad drive and i was able to sync
it.

Now, my question to you is:
1. what do I do next ?
do i run the command - "grub-install --recheck --no-floppy /dev/sdc1"
(sdc1 is my good drive)

2. Do i do this command after a reboot or just after the sync is done ?

3. I get this error regarding a Floppy Error  - I have no floppy
drives - how can i remove this ?

4. Do i have to update any of the mdadm files ? or any additional grub
files ? before or after I reboot ?

thanks for your help!
mjh