Problems with Debian 6.0.3 and ESXi5.0

Hi everyone,

I got a serious problem with a Debian install on an ESXi 5.0 Server.
Debian installs fine and seems to run fine, but the harddisk performance is really low.
I got latency times of about 44 seconds, tested with bonnie++.

What I´ve done:
- New machine in ESXi, harddisk controller "LSI Parallel" (Debian uses the LSI53c1030 driver (mptlinux v 3.04.12))
- hdparm -i /dev/sda says:
/dev/sda
SG_IO bad / missing sense data.

The latest drivers from LSI are 4.28. I don´t know if it is a driver problem oder VMWare Problem. I also did a new install with harddisk controller setting "LSI SAS", but no performance improvement.

The VMWare ESXi Server should be alright, because a SLES11 Instance that runs on the same machine and same datastore performs well. LSI provides new drivers (v 4.28) but RHEL/SLES only and a conversion via alien and later install of the deb-File brought no change.

Anyone got a clue how to get this running?

Best regards
Florian Götz