Re: hi, how to get more software from debian repo?

On Tue, 17 Jan 2012 20:13:12 +0800, shiyao.ma wrote:

> Are there any deb repo like rpmfusion for rpm ? I now use debian sid. I
> find many software not available in the repo. To name some, eric5,
> aptana3 ...

More software!? >25,000 packages is not enough? :-)

There are third-party repos such as Debian Multimedia:

http://debian-multimedia.org/

And there are many others, mostly from individuals that make their own
".deb" packages and upload to their own servers but I'm a bit reluctant
about using any repo that is not part of Debian's self structure, or at
least have that third-party repo enabled by default.

Anyway, eric is already available in Debian, maybe you can request for an
update to version 5 and aptana can be fetched directly from their site.

Greetings,

--
Camaleón