Re: gnu screen - 40 windows limit?

I run across this issue as well.

I usually recompile screen to remove it. If you want to do it with
packages, make sure you have the dpkg-dev package installed (you will
need make etc. so also grab build-essential which may or may not be a
dependancy on dpkg-dev) and use 'apt-get source screen' to grab the
source for screen.

Extract the source (screen_4.0.3.orig.tar.gz). Make sure that you run
the patch after the archive is extracted to create the debian package
control files. Edit the config.h.in file and find this near the top:

# define MAXWIN 40

Change the 40 to what ever limit you want.

Rebuild the package using dpkg-buildpackage and then install the .dpkg
file over the top of your current screen installation. This will then
set the window limit to what ever you defined earlier.