Re: install GNOME 3 in debian 6.0.3

On Sat, 07 Jan 2012 21:37:41 +0100, Michael Biebl wrote:

> On 07.01.2012 19:57, hamed hosseini wrote:
>> *hi
>>
>> how can i install GNOME 3 in Debian 6.0.3?
>>
>> is GNOME 3 safe and stable for Debian 6.0.3?*
>
> No, that is not supported and easily possible.
>
> If you want GNOME 3, upgrade to testing or unstable.

Although I wonder why someone would prefer GNOME3+gnome-shell instead the
mature and stability of GNOME2, I agree :-)

There have been many changes in stock libraries and while compiling
GNOME3 to be run on squeeze could be an option, I would't do it, unless
it's on VM or a dedicated testing machine.

Greetings,

--
Camaleón