Re: wheezy after update significant slow

On Sat, 01 Oct 2011 13:23:48 +0200, Hans-J. Ullrich wrote:

> I remarked, that after the last update, my system is very very slow. But
> first of all, please let me explain, what is slow and what I could find
> out.
>
> 1. When iceweasel is started, process Xorg increases to 100 percent and
> about 2 minutes nothing is working any more. I jknow, this was discussed
> in another thread and is related to iceweasel plugin-container. But I
> doubt, this is the main reason, because there are other weird things
> happening.

(...)

This can be indeed pointing to the xorg package transition already
mentioned by "tv.debian"¹ in that past thread.

> 7. I reverted to xserver-xorg version before the last one, but although
> it was a little bit better, it was not good as expected.

Maybe there are still some packages that were not downgraded :-?

dpkg -l | grep xorg

¹http://lists.debian.org/debian-user/2011/09/msg02190.html

Greetings,

--