Re: How to disable USB automounts (still failing...)

On Sun 11 Sep 2011 at 23:29:09 +0300, Itay wrote:

> Any other ideas what is missing?

Apart from dolphin not acting on a udisks hint, no.

Looking in /lib/udev/rules.d/80-udisks.rules you will find:

   # Mark devices that shouldn't be automounted / autoassembled etc.
   #
   # Deny all, then punch holes for what looks like physical drives
   # (TODO: this heuristic might need some work)
   #

   ENV{UDISKS_PRESENTATION_NOPOLICY}="1"
   KERNEL=="sd*|hd*|sr*|mmcblk*|mspblk*", ENV{UDISKS_PRESENTATION_NOPOLICY}="0"

If you take the second line, change '0' to '1' and use it in a rules
file in /etc/udev/rules.d, the presentation level software is asked not
to automount the device. I believe this works for nautilus within GNOME.
I know it doesn't work for thunar in XFCE but maybe it will sometime.

There is not a lot you can do about this, but testing on an unstable
install and filing a bug should be considered.