Re: Start rtorrent on bootup in Squeeze

On 07/04/11 at 04:55pm, Nicolas Bercher wrote:
> On 04/07/2011 13:25, Ramon Hofer wrote:
> >Wow, this really is perfect!
> >I did what you told me and it works like a charm :-)
>
> Thank you!
> Indeed, it's a great pleasure for me to share this script!  When I
> wrote it, I was particularly proud and then I polished it with the
> idea in mind to be able to share it quickly.  Mission done today!
>
> A friend of mine is using it since the beginning too and is really happy with it.
>

> >Just for curiosity:
> >When updating-rc.d I get the message "update-rc.d: using dependency based
> >boot sequencing".
> >I suppose this is just an information?
> >Just want to be sure as I've never added/changed init.d scripts...

> Yes this message is just telling you that now it uses upstart
> instead of the old system V approach (executing scripts as are
> presented alphabetically).

> Now, upstart uses dependencies...

I think you have been confused. Debian Squeeze has *not* made upstart the
default provider of /sbin/init, but has replaced the update-rc.d script with
insserv, which creates symlink ordering based on LSB header info rather than
arbitrary numbers. Otherwise the boot sequence is unchanged.

The message *is* informational, update-rc.d simply runs insserv with the
appropriate arguments for you.

--
Liam