Re: Can Debian Backup ntfs File System?

On 01/06/2011 12:50 AM, Patrick Ouellette wrote:
Zeroth rule of support - never trust your user's to tell you the
entire story (corollary - people lie about what happened)

First rule of support - before deleting *anything* make a
backup copy yourself

Ding Ding Ding, I usually use dd &or ntfsimage to do a full backup that I leave on my personal file server for a while before I touch anything.

Now they're so cheap I often just replace the HDD and leave the old one in a cupboard for backup, it's saved my & my clients / friends / relatives bacon a couple of times.