Re: Re: Wifi card Realtek 8192SEvB not working on a Lenovo Thinkpad T500 on Debian testing

On Sat, Nov 26, 2011 at 07:37:43PM +0100, Eric Veiras Galisson wrote:
> On Sat, Nov 26, 2011 at 6:54 PM, Eric Veiras Galisson <
> eric.veirasgalisson@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > i recently upgraded my laptop (Lenovo Thinkpad T500) from squeeze to
> > testing and the PCMCIA Wifi card I was using now crashes my system, so I'm
> > back to try to use my internal Wifi card.
> >
> > It's a Realtek 8192SEvB
> >
> > # lspci -nn|grep -i wireless
> > 03:00.0 Network controller [0280]: Realtek Semiconductor Co., Ltd.
> > RTL8191SEvB Wireless LAN Controller [10ec:8172] (rev 10)
> >
> > When looking at http://wiki.debian.org/rtl819x#supported-r8192-pci this
> > model is usable with the rtl8192se driver.
> >(...)
> Nevermind it works now and that's great, sorry for the noise...

> >What is the exact name of the driver you are using?

> >Is it included in the stock kernel, or did you have
> >to compile the Realtek driver sources?

> >Thanks,

> >--
> >Joel Roth

For me I just had to download the rtl8192sefw.bin from the realtek firmware deb. You can install through the package manager, though for me I had to manually install it to the /lib/firmware/ dir making sure to keep the directory rtlwifi/rtl8192sefw.bin. Then just reboot and you will be good to go. I found that if you dont have it in that directory it will not find it in the user version of the directory.

The other thing I had to do was ditch NetworkManager and install Wicd. I am running Wheezy KDE, 3.1.0-1-amd64

Hope this may help