GStreamer or PulseAudio causing stuttering playback

Hi all,

When streaming using the AirPlay protocol to my AirPort Express using
the pulseaudio-module-raop I get quite stuttered playback.  This happens
playing an mp3 in RhythmBox or Banshee.  Both of these applications use
GStreamer.  The system itself doesn't appear to be under any noticeable
load according to top/uptime.  Websites (YouTube et al) all seem to be
able to stream via PulseAudio just fine using the in-browser ALSA plugin
so it doesn't appear to be a problem with pulseaudio-module-raop module.

How do I debug what it is so I can determine whether I need to send a
bug report or if it's a setup issue.

Many thanks!