Re: Booting into DOS

On Sun, 27 Nov 2011 23:06:29 -0500
Ethan Rosenberg <ethros@earthlink.net> wrote:

> Dear list -
>
> My hard drive has Linux and DOS partitions.  If I try to boot into
> DOS from the start-up screen I receive the messages: "no argument
> specified" adn "no such partition". How do i fix this.

Good question.

Do you think it should work?

Did it ever work?

What is in these 'DOS' partitions and how were they created?

What 'start-up screen' do you mean? What bootloader is it, what version?

How did Linux get installed, and what did the bootloader say about the
DOS partitions when it was installed, if they existed first?

etc., etc.

--
Joe