Re: Nautilus 3.2.1 and file associations

On Thu, 24 Nov 2011 10:19:26 +0000, Alan Chandler wrote:

> I have some Freemind mindmap files ending with the .mm filename.  Up
> until recently clicking on the filename would automatically start
> Freemind.

(...)

> Anyone any idea how I can change the default application for these .mm
> files back to Freemind?

Just an idea...

Try by adding (you can also copy/paste) a new ".desktop" entry for the
program at "/usr/share/applications" so Freemind appears as a selectable
option.

Then use the usual way to define the default application (right-click on
the ".mm" file, properties, open with, highlight Freemind and click "set
as default" button.

Greetings,

--
Camaleón