Re: Problem in bind9 9.8.1 package on SID

Jorge Bastos - Decimal wrote:
> After updating to the last SID package of bind9, I have:
> Setting up bind9 (1:9.8.1.dfsg-1) ...
> NOT updating named.conf.options to include DNSSEC enablement
> Starting domain name service...: bind9 failed!
> invoke-rc.d: initscript bind9, action "start" failed.
> dpkg: error processing bind9 (--configure):
>  subprocess installed post-installation script returned error exit status 1
> configured to not write apport reports
>                                       Errors were encountered while
> processing:
>  bind9

Worked for me when I upgraded to 9.8.1.dfsg-1 on 2011-11-04.

> Nov 12 17:35:04 peixe named[6577]: initializing DST: openssl failure
> Nov 12 17:35:04 peixe named[6577]: exiting (due to fatal error)
> The previous version, 9.7x was working OK, and I have all the debian
> defaults, havent changed any conf.
> How can I solve this?

Start at /etc/bind/named.conf and look through all of the include file
statements.  There is an error in one of them.  This error is
preventing your configuration from starting.  You will need to find
that error and fix it.

Worst comes to worst you could start with a fresh set of configuration
files that work and then merge your current configuration back into
the fresh pristine working one.

Bob