Re: Recent Sid Upgrade--Unbootable System

On 23/10/11 09:32, David Baron wrote:
Recent Sid upgrade rendered the system unbootable. Probably lvm packages. I
get put into an initramfs shell. I rebooted to the previous kernel which had
its initramfs apparently untouched.

Anyone else had this? No error was cited against lvm2.

How do I fix this? Wait for next upgrade and hope it does not kill the
remainint kernel that works?

Do you see any errors before you get dropped into the shell?

It's possible you may be affected by this bug:
http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?archive=no&bug=646284

If so, you will need to wait for the fix to go through in a few days or so.
--
Dom