Re: Wheezy - External HDD Not Mounting

On Tue, 11 Oct 2011 18:35:25 -0400, k s wrote:

Please, avoid using html formatted messages :-)

(...)

> Then i CUT another 400Gigs & was able to PASTE only about 350Gigs when i
> encountered an I/O error.
>
> Unfortunately, I didn't take a screenshot of the error. I later
> discovered that all the data had made it safely to the External Drive, &
> the remaining 50Gigs was still on the internal disk (and was all able to
> be read just as it was).

Errors are very important so it is always desiderable to take a print
screen or a photo if you got pop-up window with a warning message.
Anyway, if you remember when it happened, take a look at "/var/log/
syslog" and search for that error, it could have been registered.

> Now, when i plug the external Hard drive into my computer it doesn't
> mount or appear in Nautilus.

(...)

I would try to manually mount the partition(s).

What are the filesystems present on the disk?

Greetings,

--
Camaleón