How to unlock apt-get?

Hi folks,

I'm having a problem with apt-get. I seem to be locked out of /var/lib/dpkg/lock and /var/lib/dpkg when I try to do an apt=get update , How can I clear these locks? And if there's another process using apt, how can I discover what it is? I've rebooted without success.

	b.

<snip>

E: Some index files failed to download, they have been ignored, or old ones used instead. E: Could not get lock /var/lib/dpkg/lock - open (11: Resource temporarily unavailable) E: Unable to lock the administration directory (/var/lib/dpkg/), is another process using it?