Re: Legacy nvidia driver fails to compile with kernel 3.0.x (was: nvidia-problems)

> It seems that's something already known...
>
> http://forums.nvidia.com/index.php?showtopic=206412
>
> And:
>
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/nvidia-graphics-drivers/+bug/5766
> 48
>
> As I said, you can open a bug report (which will help others users facing
> the same problem) or browse the web for a bypass (which will solve your
> problem). Or better yet, you can wait a bit until the driver is available
> in testing ;-):

I think, there is no need to open a bugreport twice. At the moment I can use
the nouveau driver, acceleration is not necessary the next time. When it is
known, I suppose, it will be solved soon.

It will be also a nice little job for me, to solve the problem on my own as it
is a good way to study code and to understand. I don't want to be a coder, as
it is not my passion, but I am still interested in learning and understanding
things. Looking at this problem is a good way, I think. And if I do not
succeed, no one cares and no one will blame me :))
> http://release.debian.org/migration/testing.pl?package=nvidia-graphics-driv
> ers-legacy-173xx
>
> Greetings,

So I will take a look for myself and if the problem will be fixed by the famous
professionels, I will use theire fix.

Thank you very much for your help!

Cheers

Hans

P.S. If I find a solution or a fix, I will send it.