Re: kppp dialing process hang up on 'starting pppd'. (was: bug in ppp - grave)

Hi Scott,

you are right, I mentioned umtsmon. But the problem was not beeing umtsmon
updated, but ppp updated. Umtsmon is just a GUI to call ppp with additional
parameters, nothing else.

So the problem was IMO in ppp, as the only thing, which was changed, was the
ppp binary, NOT umtsmon. I tried to explain that to the maintainers, but they
seemed not to understand.

So, kppp is just another GUI for ppp, which is just doing the same - calling
ppp with additional options. BTW, I tried several other GUIs for ppp (also the
one from Vodafone, the result was NONE of them worked with ppp from testing or
unstable. Reverting back to the old one, ALL of them worked.

So IMO it is a fault and a bug in ppp, nothing else. But I do not want to
quarrel, so I found my solution in using the old stuff and setting it to hold.

Some day another people may havbe the same problem with ppp and may explain
better than me. No problem, I can wait.

Maybe you now understand, why I pointed to ppp itself.

Best regards

Hans