Re: [OT] advice re Western Digital WD1002FAEX Caviar Black 1 TB 7200 RPM Internal Hard Disk Drive

On Monday 26 September 2011 15:08:27 Camaleón wrote:
> But I bet yes, black edition features a 5-year guarantee and only
> for that I would add extra pennies to the buy.

Thanks, Camaleón. :-)  That answers my question - I hadn't picked that info
up.  So yes, to me that makes it worth it.

But to answer some of the other specific questions:

I don't expect speed to matter.  My computers are all slow, so why worry about
the speed of an external HDD?  Reliability matters more.

I am not at the moment intending to use it for a Raid array.  But if I can
expect it to last 5 years, its use may well change over time.  My drives
periodically play musical chairs.

So the next question is:  I am taking your advice Camaleon.  So which external
caddy  or make of external caddy would people recommend for a WD1002FAEX?  Or
doesn't it really make much difference?

Lisi