Re: iceweasel based on firefox 6.0 for squeeze

On Sun, Sep 25, 2011 at 01:45:42PM +0000, Camaleón wrote:

Hi,

> I've always wondered why Mozilla products are not integrated into
> "squeeze-updates" (the old "volatile" repo), it seems to fit perfectly
> there :-?

As far as I remember in the past new Firefox/Iceweasel releases did
not always build on all architectures Debian released with and/or
required a newer gtk release. That makes it impossible to integrate
such a package into the next point release, and that is where the
packages from squeeze-updates should end up.

So a backports repository is a much better place to keep them.

Sven
--
And I don't know much, but I do know this:
With a golden heart comes a rebel fist.