Re: nfs-common failure

On Sun, 25 Sep 2011 09:49:36 +0300, Alexander Petrov wrote:

> Hi all,

Please, no html formatted messages :-)

> I have lenny with custom kernel running on old Intel celeron macine. I
> wanted to start NFS server and installed nfs-kernel-server. The
> installation completed ok but the server fails to start. The message in
> syslog is 'rpc.statd[2400]: unable to register (statd,1,udp) . I found
> some information about a bug in nfs-common that results in this kind of
> failure but the posts were from 2008 and the bug should have been fixed
> by now. Any ideas?

You mean this bug?

nfs-common: rpc.statd is unable to register itself with portmap

A quick read of the report seems to indicate that there are some
workarounds there, have you tried with any of them?

Anyway, it's tagged as "fixed" for version "1.2.1-1.1":

Remember that you can also make use of the backports repo...

Greetings,

--
Camaleón