Re: Am i playing with fire?

Mark Panen wrote at 2011-09-25 06:31 -0500:
> Some packages i want to install on my Squeeze machine just don't have
> the right dependencies or packages, so i take what i need from
> testing. Am i going to bork my installation?

Perhaps, but probably not (according to my experience).  Use packages from
backports instead, if available.

I mix stable/testing/unstable often with very little trouble.  But I am
careful about what packages I upgrade, and my system is always either "mostly
stable" or "mostly testing".  Generally, stand-alone packages can be upgraded
without any trouble, but core packages should be left alone.  The more
reverse dependencies a package has, the more careful you should be about
upgrading it.