Re: Getting a large file onto DVD

On Sat, 24 Sep 2011 13:15:09 -0400, Frank wrote:

> On 24/09/11 05:55 AM, Camaleón wrote:

(...)

>>>     I would try that but I don't have the file anymore...I burned it
>>>     to a
>>> DVD using  a trial version of NeroLinux.
>>
>> I told you so because by burning an ISO image usually enforces the
>> right parameters to be used by Brasero, like support for big files
>> (UDF) ;-)
>

>    I wouldn't have thought that to get a file onto DVD would require it
> to be first converted to an ISO

Me neither.

> Should not UDF be available for all files??

Yes, I told you a trick as a start point to debug your issue. Of course,
Brasero should not have failed but we first need to know what and why
hapened, right? So we need more clues to connect the points in the right
form :-)

- If burning an ISO image also fails, then the problem may not have any
relation to UDF.

- If burning an ISO image succeeds, then it can be something wrong at
Brasero that makes it fail to detect the right extensions to use.

>>> Brasero logs were of no use BTW, they talked of an unexpected error
>>> just before ejecting the DVD.
>>
>> You got only "a one line" error?
>

>     I don't have the error logs now, but as I recall the error was one
> line in the log...because Brasero then ejected the DVD.

Now I recall, you can also try to burn the DVD from command line. I'm
sure you will be able to find the right syntax to get the burning job
done by googling a bit around.

Greetings,

--
Camaleón