Re: Logitech K360 keyboard NumLock behavior gets turned on by Shift keys!

On Thu, 15 Sep 2011 13:35:35 -0400, Gilbert Sullivan wrote:

> On 09/15/2011 10:29 AM, Camaleón wrote:
>> On Wed, 14 Sep 2011 14:58:45 -0400, Gilbert Sullivan wrote:
>>
>> (...)
>>
>>> This is the first time I've encountered a keyboard that activates the
>>> NumLock when either Shift key is depressed. So, when I press
>>> Shift-End, instead of selecting text to the end of the line, the
>>> numeral "1" is entered!
>>
>> (...)
>
> It turns out that I was lying when I said the above. I didn't *think*
> that I was lying, but I was. (I'll explain at the bottom.)
>
> ;-)

Ooops... I will have to take off "-5" points to you for lying
inadvertently :-)

(...)

> K360 connected to Linux system with NumLock OFF: Holding either Shift
> key DOES cause numerals to be printed to the screen. The Shift key in
> combination with numeric keypad keys can NOT be used for marking text,
> which is what I'd like to use it for.

And that's the normal behaviour, I mean, that's what I get :-?

>> Hmmm, weird, indeed.
>>
>> (just out of curiosity, when num. lock is off, what returns
>> shift-home?)
>
> It returns the numeral 7, if we're talking about the Home key on the
> numeric keypad.

(...)

Nope, I mean the common "home" key. I also get a "7" when I turn off num.
lock, press shift and type numeric keypad "7", that's how it has to be.

You get "home/end" "page up/page down" moving with numeric keypad only
when num. lock is turned off and the shift key is not pressed. Shift key
modifies the behaviour of many keys, num. lock and caps lock included, at
least in an X session :-)

Greetings,

--
Camaleón