Re: Power Consumption - Testing

On Wed, Sep 14, 2011 at 10:43:54AM -0300, Chir0n wrote:
>    Hello,
>
>    Someone more has been this issue?
>
>    Yesterday I got scared about the power consumption of my debian notebook.
>    2 hours.
>
>    Normally it takes 2 hours to finish the power. There is some workround to
>    resolve this uncomfortable problem?

There are plenty of tools in linux to discover what's using your battery
and to reduce that consumption. powertop is a well-regarded tool for
showing what's using power at the moment (for example, what's causing
the CPU to wake from idle, what's keeping the disk running etc).

In terms of reducing power consumption, laptop-mode-tools is probably
your first port of call. It includes a range of measures to bring down
power consumption (such as adjusting sync times so the hard drive gets a
change to spin down and stay spun down longer).

--
Darac Marjal