Re: Kscope is not in wheezy?

On Wed, Sep 14, 2011 at 08:58:54AM +0800, H Xu wrote:
> I've checked this website and kscope is available in squeeze and sid:
>
> http://packages.debian.org/squeeze/kscope
>
> But I can't find it in wheezy. Why?

On the package tracking system, you will get a reason why:

http://packages.qa.debian.org/k/kscope.html

If you click "Check why", you will discover that it needs to migrate
along with qscintilla (specifically, libqscintilla2-5). However,
the qscintilla2 source package produces libqscintilla2-6. This most
likely means that a binNMU¹ or sourceful upload of kscope may be
necessary.

(There may be some inconsistencies in what I've said, so please verify).

¹: http://wiki.debian.org/binNMU
--
Linux!  Guerrilla UNIX Development     Venimus, Vidimus, Dolavimus.
(By mah@ka4ybr.com, Mark A. Horton KA4YBR)