Re: Bind does not die

13.9.2011 18:53, Bob Proulx kirjoitti:
> Jari Fredriksson wrote:
>>>
>>> That should not produce that warning.  A default installation does not
>>> have the file /etc/bind/rndc.conf present.  Do you have it?  Where did
>>> it come from?  Try moving it out of the way.

>>> I expected that it would fail and not stop the named.  The
>>> /etc/init.d/bind9 script calls rndc stop and then waits, possibly
>>> forever, waiting for it to die.  I was expecting the above not to stop
>>> the named but to produce errors that would identify the problem.
>>>
>>> I think you should examine and clean your /etc/bind/ directory as
>>> appropriate.  From the warning above you have a /etc/bind/rndc.conf
>>> that may be causing problems.
>>>
>>> Bob
>>
>> If I remove it, rndc does not work at all.
>>
>> jarif@spitfire:/etc/bind$ sudo mv rndc.conf /tmp/
>> jarif@spitfire:/etc/bind$ sudo rndc reload
>> rndc: connection to remote host closed
>> This may indicate that
>> * the remote server is using an older version of the command protocol,
>> * this host is not authorized to connect,
>> * the clocks are not synchronized, or
>> * the key is invalid.
>> jarif@spitfire:/etc/bind$

OK. I did it. I copied

key "rndc-key" {
        algorithm hmac-md5;
        secret "EfoPh41zkCekeuQxDIBUHA==";
};

from that rndc.conf to rndc.key and removed the rndc.conf

Restarted binf and now all works.

The rndc.conf contained as follows:

# Start of rndc.conf
key "rndc-key" {
        algorithm hmac-md5;
        secret "EfoPh41zkCekeuQxDIBUHA==";
};

options {
        default-key "rndc-key";
        default-server 127.0.0.1;
        default-port 953;
};
# End of rndc.conf

--

Q:	What is the difference between Texas and yogurt?
A:	Yogurt has culture.