Re: debian 6 mp3 not sounding

On Tue, 13 Sep 2011 18:29:22 +0200, Johan Scheepers wrote:

> On 13/09/2011 17:00, Camaleón wrote:

(...)

>>> Seem to be no coomunication between debian software and  pc hardware
>>>
>> Mmm... you need to run more tests before reaching a conclusion.
>>
>> Greetings,
>>

> While I did some google it was found that I was not the only one.

Many people can experience problems with sound but one thing is having no
sound at all (system wide) and another one is having a specific issue
with a determinted sound media files (like mp3). Both are different
problems that need to be addressed by different ways.

> By accident I found the problem.Funny on the icon speaker volume is full
> blast
>
> Click on desktop speaker icon and then volume control. Popup -  speaker
> is muted move indicator up and yes music.

You see how important is to define the source of the problem? :-)

Glad it is working now.

Greetings,

--
Camaleón