Re: OT - Frequency of unsolicited emails

El 2011-09-11 a las 08:49 -0700, MR ZenWiz escribió:

(resending to the list)

> On Sun, Sep 11, 2011 at 8:23 AM, Camaleón <noelamac@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > Yup, the more mailing lists you subscribe, the more chances to get your
> > inbox full of spam :-)
> >
> True, but that's not the issue.  As I said, I get maybe one spam email
> in my other OS lists per month.  In this one I get 1-4 daily.  There's
> a difference.

Debian mailing lists are older are Google tends to give more credit to
old indexes sites. This has a double lecture: spam bots find the
messages easily and spammers also finds very interesting to post
because of the amount of subscribed users.

> > I'd say we are the same as in any other open mailing list. Or even we are
> > less susceptible because Debian mailing lists lack for an archive (plain
> > text based mbox file).
> >
> Exactly the opposite of what I said.

?

I only meant the e-mail addresses that fall into this mailing list are "less
searchable" than others...

> > I use a dedicated e-mail for posting in mailing lists so I keep my main
> > inbox off of spam messages. True is that Gmail handles this reasonably
> > well.
> >
> This is true, which is why it is only a minor annoyance, but the ratio
> here is significantly higher than on any of the others.

It's an old, open and well-known (heavy traffic) list. It's normal spam gets
though from time to time.

Greetings,

--
Camaleón