Re: cups usbfs: process .... (usb) did not claim interface 1 before use

Hi,
For those still affected by this bug (now in BTS as 636303), there are
two more workarounds (in addition to sticking to a version lower than
1.4.7):
- install hplip: hplip has its own backend that replaces the cups libusb
backend thus the printer should show up,
- if you do not like hplip, use the usblp driver: modprobe usblp, set
FileDevice to yes in /etc/cups/cupsd.conf, restart cups and modify the
printer such as to use /dev/usb/lp0 as destination (instead of the URI
provided by the libusb backend). To set that permanently, comment
the blacklist line in /etc/modprobe.d/blacklist-cups-usblp.conf and if
necessary write an udev rules to use a custom symlink to /dev/usb/lp0
as printer destination. I can use my printers  with this method and
foomaticfilters + hijs (and cups 1.5.0)
Regards
Pascal