Re: nano and color

> When using nano on a Squeeze system and I open a file with name.sh I will
> see color coded script Lines. When I open a file line name.xxx with the same
> content there is no color coding.
> On a Lenny system I never have color coding.
> 1) Where is this behaviour defined on my Squeeze system?
> 2) Can I enable it on my Lenny systems?

On my lenny system there is a file called /etc/nanorc.  If you
uncomment the line which looks like

#  include "/usr/share/nano/sh.nanorc"

so it looks like

include "/usr/share/nano/sh.nanorc"

you should get syntax highlighting for files with the .sh extension.
Highlighting for other languages can be enabled in the same way.