Re: how to keep the internet awak

On Thu, 08 Sep 2011 01:53:03 +0800, Lina wrote:

> On Sep 8, 2011, at 0:14, Camaleón <noelamac@gmail.com> wrote:

(...)

>> It's a common smily sign, ascii based. There is a more sophisticated
>> version of the symbol that uses unicode: ☺
>
> I kept on laughing myself.
>
> On one of my former email I didn't know how to type X to describe the
> close of the window. I was so serious and I describe it as "tilted
> cross". Honestly I even thought of google out and paste there.  Later
> when I saw you typed X, I amazedly thought it's some advanced trick, so
> I suggested to "except copy and paste". On that email I copied and
> pasted your "X". God, it's going to be my annual joke. Before when I
> need input 2x3 I used to type as 2*3. How can X be X ?
>
> This time seriously again, I don't know how to input the ☺ except
> copying yours.

The unicode character can be made in GNOME by pressing "Ctrl+Shift+u" and
then release the three keys. That will render an underline "u". Now you
only need to type the secuence of characters to get the desired symbol,
i.e., the unicode secunce for the smilye is "0x263a", so:

Ctrl+Shift+u [release the keys] 0x263a [press enter]

There are some sites holding big lists of unicode characters, like
wikipedia:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Unicode_characters

>> But IP should not change unless network service goes down and up again
>> (or unless DHCP server forces a renew of the IP ever "x" time based on
>> its policy) so there is still the question on why the network is
>> restarted.
>
> I don't know. Might suspend reason?
>
> I use cable. No wireless

(...)

Mmm, suspension should not trigger a shutdown or restart of the network
service >:-?

> Thanks again, Btw, what does the expression X-) refers to? Different
> smile?

Yes. You can review the full symbology and its meaning in this wikipedia
article:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_emoticons

Greetings,

--