Re: lists.debian.org has received bounces from you

On Wed, 7 Sep 2011 17:46:34 -0700
Mike McClain <mike.junk@cox.net> wrote:

> On Wed, Sep 07, 2011 at 04:54:17PM -0400, Frank McCormick wrote:
> > On 07/09/11 04:45 PM, Debian Listmaster Team wrote:
> > >Dear subscriber,
> > >
> > >We've encountered some problems while sending listmail to your
> > >emailaddress debianlist@videotron.ca.
> <snip>
> >
> >   Does anyone know what this is all about ?  Never seen anything
> > like this before.
> >

>     I got such a notice last month but of course when I asked my
> provider (Cox) they denied it and when I asked to get debian.org
> whitelisted they said they don't have a whitelist.
>
>     It hasn't repeated so I don't think it's really a problem
> just a glitch. Computers have those you know kinda like a brain
> fart.
>
>     I suggest you not worry until it becomes a regular thing.

I'd agree, I run my own mail server and I've had two or three of these
messages over the last few years, which don't repeat.

I have no spam filtering at all, I just don't accept mail from some
countries, ISPs and CIDR blocks. Those things don't change from day to
day or message to message, and when the rejection message has arrived,
I've never found a log of the rejection in my server. So the problem is
an occasional one with the list servers or their connectivity.

--
Joe