Re: Ugly appearence after upgrade

On Sun, 2011-09-04 at 19:07 +0200, Sven Joachim wrote:
> On 2011-09-04 18:32 +0200, Chir0n wrote:
>
> > Hi all,
> >
> > after an "aptitude dist-upgrade" to testing (and to unstable too) some GTK2
> > applications look ugly, like GTK1 appplications.
> >
> > Gnome-terminal and Epiphany are two of them.

So is evolution

> They are not, because they are not GTK2 applications anymore.  This may
> be related to your problem, although gnome-terminal does not look ugly
> here (I don't use Epiphany).

It depends on your theme, I had clearlooks enabled and gnome-terminal
looks un-themed, grey, and ugly, so does evolution after the update to
3.0. To 'fix' this, you only need to enable a theme that is fit for
gnome 3.
For example adwaita, however you can mix it up a bit.
Go to system - preferences - Appearance, on the theme tab I had
clearlooks selected. So I click customize, then on the controls tab I
selected adwaita controls, left the other settings as they were
(clearlooks) and then close the windows. Now all my gtk2 apps looks
clearlooks themed, and gtk3 apps (like evolution and gnome-terminal) get
the adwaita controls, it's not the same, but definitely looks better
than nothing.

Kind regards,
Steven