Re: Nook Reader on Debian PC?

If the mac version is for osx and debian has a dmg extractor, you may be
able either to run the mac version under debian or build the debian
version if source code is available then run it.  Mac isn't Linux, but
it's lots closer to Linux than anything Microsoft ever wrote.  Something
close to darwin version of Linux than any other version.

On Wed, 31 Aug 2011, Scott Ferguson wrote:

> On 31/08/11 06:06, Thomas H. George wrote:
> > I have a pdf text which is hard to read.  It occurred to me to try
> > installing the Nook reader to see if it would improve visibility.  The
> > Barnes&  Noble web site has downloads for Windows, Mac, iPads and
> > Android tablets and phones.  I downloaded the Windows version and
> > installed it with Wine but have not got it working correctly as yet.
> >
> > Has anybody already done this?
> >

> Yes - waste of time (IMNSHO).
> Installing Linux *on* a Nook is a good idea though ;-p
>
> Seriously - Calibre is (much) better for general e-book reading and
> management. Okular is better for plain pdfs.
>
> You might want to check what fonts the pdf requires - it may be it doesn't use
> embedded fonts - in which case it will pick from your system fonts (which is
> where the "hard to read" bit may come in).
>
> Cheers

Jude <jdashiel@shellworld.net>
"I love the Pope, I love seeing him in his Pope-Mobile, his three feet
of bullet proof plexi-glass. That's faith in action folks! You know he's
got God on his side."
~ Bill Hicks